October 12, 2011

One Amazing Year As Husband and Wife

September 25, 2011 marked our very first year has Mr & Mrs Maassberg, husband and wife. They say that the first year of marriage is the hardest year but, I completely disagree. I will say that it was hands down the best year yet...and don't judge me if I say that every year haha. Right after we got married everyone had asked us if it felt different to be married versus boyfriend and girlfriend since we had dated and lived together for 5 years before taking the plunge...we would always reply with a simple, "No." However, after a whole year has gone by I can honestly look back and say that it is different. It is different in more ways than one but the most different I think is that we have a different bond/connection with each other than we ever did before...and Carl is romantic, mushy and sentimental now. I don't know if that's because he is married or just getting older. Haha.


Our anniversary was nothing short of amazing. Carl had been working out of town in Lake Tahoe for the month of September during the week and coming home on the weekends, luckily our anniversary landed on Sunday. Friday I got a sweet, sweet surpirse. I was beyond shocked when one of the front desk girls at work said that someone was here for me only to walk to the front desk and see a giant bouquet of a dozen of the most beautiful roses I have ever seen in my life. I got a little teary eyed because as stated in previous posts these little surprises may come few and far between but when they do they are big, grand and unexpected making them that much more special. I was a lucky girl hangin' out on cloud nine the whole day! Saturday we didnt do much but get some errands and chores done around the house. But, Sunday was a different story. Sunday we exchanged gifts. I got Carl a card and 2 tickets to for us to go to the Monster Energy Cup on October 15. Carl got me a wedding band to go with my engagement ring. Because my hubby knows how meticulous and picky I am he hadn't actually bought my ring yet but took me to go pick one out. Well, because I had sooooo many choices I wasnt able to make a decision that day. Needless to say he was a little bummed. But, I do think I have it narrowed down and hopefully I'll be picking up my new piece of jewelry soon ;] After shopping till we finally dropped with no success we headed to the grocery store to pick some steaks for dinner. My handsome hubby made a yummy din din, we watched Bridesmaids, ate our 1 year old red velvet cake that was far too sweet and toasted each other with sparkling apple cider [champagne is gross]. It was an incredible memory that we will never forget.



This weekend we will be having another anniversary celebration. We are going to the Monster Energy Cup [the tickets I got Carl for our anniversary] and we are getting a long overdue couples massage all on Saturday using a gift card we got for our wedding from my lovie B. Comer.

Year One Memories [good and scary]
*Marrying the man of my dreams in front of our amazing friends and incredible family
*Hawaiian honeymoon
*Jersey Shore Halloween
*Mexico for the Baja 1000
*Carl wins the SCORE Team Championship and the MRAN Open Expert Championship
*Christmas Tree hunting with the Buoy's
*5 year anniversary
*Baja party at Casa de Maassberg
*SCORE Banquet
*First Christmas as husband and wife
*Carl deciding to race full time for 2011
*The longest and most emotional drive to Phoenix when Uncle Kenny got in his car accident
*Carl racing his first National H&H in 3 years.
*First Valentine's day as husband and wife
*Going to Idaho for the National H&H and visiting the Glover's
*Carl crashed and broke his wrist
*Sharing a red velvet cupcake on our 6 month anniversary
*Carl had surgery to repair his broken left wrist and carpal tunnel right wrist.
*Carl gets a black stache
*Horse and carriage ride at Town Square
*Carl's first race back after surgery.
*Operation Casa de Maassberg Extreme Home Makeover [wood flooring, painting and refinishing cabinets]
*Mammoth Motorcross with great friends
*4th of July with my family and great friends.
*Huntington Beach vacay
*Visit from the Glover kidaroos.
*Kicking ass at our first Vegas to Reno experience
*My 24th birthday filled with Nacho Cheese
*Carl working in Lake Tahoe for the month of September
*Dieter's 3rd birthday
*Receiving beautiful flowers from my one and only.
*Celebrating our one year anniversary with best husband around.

Not to mention countless barbecques at Casa de Maassberg with rad friends, unforgettable family time, a plethera of different shapes and amounts of facial hair, lots of laughs, tons of date nights and sweet, sweet lovin'.

Carl, I am thankful everyday that I was blessed with you to share the rest of my life with and we're lucky that we found each other so early in this journey. You are my best friend, my soulmate, my comic relief, my partner in crime....my EVERYTHING. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us and I love that you'll be the one holding my hand while our wildest dreams come true. I am proud to be your Mrs. Here's to another rad year Mr. Maassberg! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment